XVIII International Brass Band Festival "Golden Trumpet" 2022
Bielsko-Biała, Kozy, Jasienica – 4th -5th June, 2022
The organizers of the Festival:
Polish Association of Choirs and Orchestras Branch in Bielsko-Biala
House of Culture in Kozy
Bielsko Cultural Centre
Municipal Cultural Centre in Jasienica
The coorganizers of the Festival:
Regional Cultural Centre in Bielsko-Biala
Regional Cultural Center in Bielsko-Biała
Communes of the Bielsko County
The goals of the festival:
• integration and stimulation of social and cultural activity as well as improvement of the performance level of amateur brass bands and related instrumental formations,
• promotion and dissemination of musical culture in society,
• confrontation of achievements, exchange of experiences and networking,
• popularizing of national musical creativity,
• developing international cooperation,
• enabling competition and presentation of teams via the Internet.
Terms of application:
1. The festival is dedicated to amateur brass bands as well as similar instrumental formations (Big bands or Dechovkas) who sent the application form. Participation of professional musicians angaged for the purpose of the festival is forbidden.
2. The form of the Festival is hybrid: stationary and online.
3. The deadline for sending the application forms is 18th March 2022.
4. The application form with appendices (a photo of the band – min. 1,5mb and recordings with their links or CD/DVD with at least two recordings of the band – not older than two years) should be sent by electronic mail to: email@example.com.
5. The bands can participate in:
- Stage Competition and/or The Overview of Orchestras for the Cup of Bielsko Governor and/or competition of orchestra's drill and obligatory in non-competing open-air concerts (the bands may decide to take part only in the non-competing concerts of the Festival),
- in the online Stage Competition and / or the Orchestral Competition of the Bielsko Governor Cup - the bands send their recordings of the competition concert.
Participation in stationary competitions excludes participation in internet competitions.
6. Receiving Grand Prix of the Festival is conditioned by participation in the parade, orchestra's drill competition and in at least one of the other competitions.
7. The decision whether the bands meet the requirements of the festival and thereby can participate in it will be made by the Artistic Council of the Festival on the basis of the application form and the recordings.
8. The list of the bands selected to take part in the Festival (competitions and non-competing open-air concerts) will be announced by 31st March 2022 at the Festival website: www.festiwal.kozy.pl
9. Each band is obliged to perform The Buggle Call of the Festival together by united orchestras. The scores will be sent to selected bands to the e-mail address given.
10. In order to reach the venue of the concerts, the bands need to have their own means of transport or use the means of transport provided by the organizers at the band's own expense.
11. The withdrawal of the orchestra qualified to participate in the Festival after 8th April 2022 (including failing to appear on stage) will cause charging the person who registered the orchestra a flat-rate expense incurred by the Organizer of 1000pln.
12. The Organizers cannot be called to account for illegal performance of music (copyright and other related legal actions).
13. All materials (promotional photos, recordings, scores, texts) provided to the Festival Organizer by the Orchestra submitting them to participate in the Festival must be free of legal defects and must not infringe the rights of third parties (e.g. the authors of the texts, photos, audiovisual recordings agreed to be published, and persons visible in the photos and recordings have consented to the publication of their images), and their transfer shall be considered a consent granted to the Organizer to use these materials free of charge for the implementation of the festival and its subsequent editions (including the publication of information and promotional materials for the event in all currently known fields of exploitation ).
Regulations of the competitions:
1. The winner of Grand Prix of the 2021 Festival cannot take part in the competition.
2. The band selected to take part in the Stage Competition and the Competition of Orchestras for the Cup of Bielsko Governor and / or for competition concerts in the form of audiovisual recordings is obliged to send full scores of the compositions by 8th April 2022. The scores will not be returned.
3. The bands participating in the competitions are obliged to take part in the parade of orchestras in the streets of Bielsko-Biala and in open-air concerts - they prepare 30 minutes repertoire (the organizers will decide about the place and time of these concerts). The absence of the band during the parade will cause the reduction of the band score of 3 points, the absence during the open-air concerts will cause the reduction of the band score of 3 points.
4. Bands rewarded in the competition are obliged to perform during laureates concert. Their absence will cause a reduction of 5 points and a withdrawal of granted prizes.
Rules of the competitions:
The Stage competition
Place: Open-air stage, Bielsko-Biała or online
Term: 4th June 2022
Deadline for sending recordings to the internet competition: 30th May, 2022. The recording should be made for this year's GOLD TRUMP Festival, recorded in 2022.
1. The competition will be divided into the following categories:
A – brass bands (orchestras)
B – similar instrumental formations (Big Band, Dechovka etc.)
2. The program for the competition should include at least one composition of the composer from the band's country of origin.
3. The compositions submitted for the competition cannot be changed.
4. The performance (altogether with entering and leaving the stage) should not be longer than 15-20 minutes. The online presentation from 10 to 15 minutes. The bands which will not obey this time limit will lose 3 points.
5. The organizers decide about the order of auditions and competition performances.
The Competition of Orchestras for the Cup of Bielsko Governor
Place: Open-air stage, market in Kozy or online
Term: 5th June 2022
Deadline for sending recordings to the internet competition: 30th May, 2022. The recording should be made for this year's GOLDEN TRUMP Festival, recorded in 2022.
1. The Competition will be divided into the following categories:
A – brass orchestras
B – similar instrumental formations (Big Band, Dechovka etc.)
2. The compositions submitted for the competition cannot be changed.
3. The performance (altogether with entering and leaving the stage) should not be longer than 15-20 minutes. Online presentation from 10 to 15 minutes.
The bands which will not obey this time limit will lose 3 points.
4. The organizers decide about the order of the auditions.
The Competition of orchestra drill:
Place: Sports, Cultural and Recreational Centre in Jasienica or online
Term: 5th June 2022. Deadline for sending recordings to the internet competition: 30th May, 2022. The recording should be made for this year's GOLDEN TRUMP Festival, recorded in 2022.
1. Orchestras, orchestras with majorettes or majorettes with orchestras may take part in the competition.
2. The band submitted to participate in the competition of orchestra drill is obliged to present the artistic programme composed of two choreographic sets. The length of one set should not be longer than 5 minutes.
3. The presentations will take place in the playing field of 107m x 62m dimension.
4. The organizers will decide about the order of auditions and competition performances.
1. The names of the Jury members will be announced before the beginning of the competition.
2. The Jury of The Stage Competition and the Competition of Orchestras for the Cup of Bielsko Governor will grade: intonation, interpretation, the selection of the repertoire, the degree of difficulty of compositions, the quality of sound, creativity and general artistic impression.
3. The Jury of orchestra drill competition will grade: pageantry and rate of the performance, choreographic composition and the selection of music to the elements of the drill, creativity, inclusion of new forms and general artistic impression.
4. The sessions of the Jury are confidential.
5. The decisions of the Jury are final.
Grand Prix – for the band who gains the highest average of points in the competition of orchestra drill and other competitions in which the band participated
Golden Diploma – from 90 to 100 points.
Silver Diploma – from 75 to 89 points.
Bronze Diploma – from 60 to 74 points.
In the stationary competition, the Grand Prix winner and the winners in each category awarded with the Golden Diplomas receive cash prizes. Online competition winners do not receive financial prizes.
Estimated amount of prizes in competitions is 15 000 PLN.
The Jury may award other prizes not mentioned in the regulations of the Festival.
The Jury may award the prizes in a different way than the one described in the regulations of the Festival.
The cash prizes will be taxed according to the legally binding regulations.
The organizers provide:
1. Diploma of participation for each ensemble participating in the Festival,
2. Covering the costs of accommodation for teams coming to the Festival from places more than 200 km away from Bielsko-Biała - the order of applications applies (accommodation will be available after receiving a subsidy from the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage).
• 4th June (Saturday) for bands participating in the stage competition,
• 5th June (Sunday) for teams participating in the orchestral drill competition and in the competition for the cup of the Bielsko Governor,
4. Meal after outdoor concerts,
5. A guide for the band during the Festival.
The organizers do not provide:
1. Reimbursement of travel expenses.
2. Covering the costs of accommodation for bands coming to the Festival from towns less than 200 km from Bielsko-Biała, and for other meals.
The program of the Festival
Saturday, 4th June 2022
Stage Competition – Bielsko-Biała – stage in BCK, Bielsko-Biała
Parade of Orchestras in Bielsko-Biała
Open-air concerts – Bielsko-Biała and places of Bielsko district
Sunday, 5th June 2022
Overview of Orchestras for the Cup of Bielsko Governor – Kozy, stage at Szkolna Street
Competition of Orchestra’s drill – Jasienica – Cultural and Recreational Centre DRZEWIARZ
Open-air concerts – places of Bielsko district.
The end International Festival of Brass Orchestras „Golden Trump” 2022 - Kozy
– open-air stage at Szkolna Street.
The announcement of Festival results and laureate concert.
The detailed program will be delivered to the bands before the Festival starts. The organizers reserve the right to change the program in order to adjust them to the applicable guidelines and restrictions.
House of Culture in Kozy
ul. Krakowska 2
tel. 33 8174232